This week I had a special opportunity to spend some time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and learn about the new Star Tours ride experience. I was able to ride the new ride and get some amazing information for you about Galactic Nights! I am going to share a mostly spoiler free review of the new ride as well as some information you don’t want to miss about Galactic Nights.
New Star Tours Ride and Galactic Nights News
Let’s talk about the new Star Tours ride first. I woke up before the sun and made my way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Our group went in before the park opened and had a chance to ride the ride and see what was added and changed. I don’t want to spoil anything big for you so I will share a few small tidbits as well as a tip or two for enjoying the ride as much as possible.
- You will land on Bantuu! – The new land Disney is putting in will be on the planet of Bantuu and at the end of this ride you will land on Bantuu. As we started to land, all I could do was picture the land concepts I had seen. I felt like the new land was coming to life right then and there! It was so incredible!
- Where you sit changes your ride experience. – If you sit in the front rows you will have a calmer ride experience. On the back rows it will be a more bumpy ride. If you are after a more bumpy ride, make sure to head for the back seats if possible. You won’t be disappointed.
- There are some great laughs. – I won’t spoil them for you but there are some moments in the ride that will have laughing pretty hard.
- There are some hidden gems from the new movie. – I won’t spoil anything but keep your eyes open as you will see some new elements you don’t want to miss!
Star Wars Galactic Nights will be December 16th at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It is a one night specially ticketed event. There will be some exclusive events as well as some amazing Star Wars inspired food items. Let me share a few of the things you can expect if you go to this event.
- Hollywood Tower of Terror will get a Star Wars overlay. – After seeing the Epcot ball turned into the Death Star I know just how awesome this is going to be. They claim that the overlay will be really high quality and I don’t doubt that. I can’t wait to see the transformation.
- David Collins, Doug Chiang, and Warwick Davis will be present. – You won’t want to miss these special appearances and an amazing panel.
- Special Film about the making of the new land. – There will be a special film showing a few times that night discussing some of the work that is going into the new park. I know that my husband and I will be catching one of these screenings as it is a can’t miss experience!
- Immersive Photo Opps – There will be immersive photo opps throughout the park and some will include characters from the different films. You won’t want to miss it! I know we will be using a memory maker to grab some great images.
- Special Character Appearances – You can expect to see Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, Ewoks and much more!
- Great Star Wars inspired merchandise – There are some fabulous options to pick up when you are in the park for the event. I seriously love the Merry Sithmas sweater!
- All shows will have infusions of the new Star Wars movie. – There will be call outs to the new Star Wars movie included in all of the shows at the event.
- Attractions available during the event:
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Star Wars Launch Bay
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania!
Walt Disney Presents
Let’s talk about the food!
I had the opportunity to try some of the food offerings and I am telling you, some of these items should not be missed!
The lightsaber churros are going to be a fan favorite for sure! Choose the light or darkside with this fun treat. I guarantee kids and grownups alike will have churro lightsaber battles.
If you want to eat my favorite option you will definitely want the crab duo! The flavor combinations are truly delicious. I absolutely loved this one and definitely recommend it if you are seafood fan.
The ribeye steak puff is a flavor party for your mouth. I really enjoyed htis one and I think it would make a great on the go meal while enjoying the night.
The eclair trio is a sweet you don’t want to miss! I tried the middle blue one and it became a new personal favorite. I will probably grab more of these at the event.
If you want a delicious drink that comes with a fun souvenir you definitely want the Jettison Juice. It has a really fun glowing death star that is sure to be a hit.
Get your Tickets Now!
You don’t want to miss this great event! Get your tickets now on the Disney site. Tickets will probably sell out so make sure to get them sooner or later.
Will you be there? Are you going in costume?
Looking for more?