We received 4 tickets to Legoland and tacos for the family at Taco Everyday to facilitate this post. However, all opinions are 100% our own and were not influenced by these tickets.
The new Lego Movie World is open for families at Legoland Florida. Legoland is a family theme park a short drive from Orlando or Tampa filled with fun Lego-themed attractions that are sure to keep kids smiling. The new Lego Movie World land is a fully immersive land your family won’t want to miss. What can you expect in Lego Movie World? Let me share some of what we found.
Lego Movie World is Open for Families
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for our YouTube video sharing our experience at the park.
Where is Lego Movie World
When you enter the park you will turn right at the carousel and follow the path through duplo land to Lego Movie World. This land is hard to miss with its bright colors and larger than life theming. Lego Movie World is included in your park admission and you will only pay extra for food in this land.
Benny’s Play Ship
Do your kids need to run off some energy? Benny’s play ship is a multiple level play area designed for ages 2-14 with 2 slides. There was one slide for smaller kids and then a larger slide for older children. This can be a great way to let kids use up some energy after waiting in lines in other areas or just wanted some free time to have some fun.
Masters of Flight
Masters of Flight is Legoland’s newest ride concept. Get on a triple-decker couch and have fun on Cloud Cuckoo Land! This ride concept is similar to the concept of Soarin at Disney World. However, there are some noticeable differences that make it its own unique ride. With this ride you will feel the turbulence mildly and the effects are more frequent.
Sensory expectations for the ride:
- Smells – As you ride Master of Flight be prepared for incredible smells that seamlessly match up with the ride.
- Water Effects – Part of this ride, is the inclusion of water effects. They use a misting approach that lets you get misted but not wet. This is a great way to cool off on a hot day. If you are seating on floor 2 of the ride, you may not experience the water effects as we did not in that seat.
- Turbulence – If you have a child who is scared by sudden movements, you might want to ride this one without them to be sure they can handle some of the turbulence on the ride. It’s not intense at all but a child who has sensory issues or might be more sensitive to certain moves might find it more difficult.
- Motion Sickness – If you are prone to motion sickness, either take a dramamine before flying or choose to sit on floor 1 or 3 to avoid some of the more nauseating angles.
In the Masters of Flight queue there are a few experiences to help kids handle the wait. There are multiple Lego build areas. There are also screens with fun trivia questions about the Lego Movie that kids will have fun answering.
Unikitty’s Disco Drop
Unikitty’s Disco Drop is a drop ride with spinning elements. However, this ride is not as intense as many other drop rides might be. My kids both loved it and laughed the entire time they were on it!
Sensory Expectations for the Ride
- Multiple Drops – The ride does not drop a single time. Instead, it will rise and drop multiple times. You can see an on ride video in the YouTube video at the bottom of this post.
- Spins – Spinning might not be the right word. It rotates around the pole. However, it is a slow and smooth spin instead of something fast or intense.
- Over the head buckles – If you have a child who has sensory issues with things that come over their head, this may not be the ride for them. The harness mechanism starts out over head and comes down to rest across the lap. While nothing will be on their head, it does go over their head at the beginning.
Battle of Bricksburg
The Battle of Bricksburg is a very interactive water ride with the ability to get out and have fun with the family. Make sure to bring a change of clothes. You will get soaking wet!
Sensory Expectations for the Ride
- You will get wet! – Don’t let the look of the ride fool you. You will walk off of this ride soaking wet! If you have a child who doesn’t like water, this is not the ride for you.
- People will spray you. – Not only can people spray the sensors on the ride to battle the duplo aliens, but they can also spray you. People on and off of the ride can spray you.
Character Meet & Greets
You can meet with different characters depending on the time of day. Options include Benny, Wildstyle, Benny, or General Mayhem. These meet and greets are indoors and make for a great way for kids to see their favorite characters in person.
Looking for a delicious food option while at Lego Movie World? Taco Everyday is here for you! This quick service restaurant has tacos using fresh ingredients. This isn’t your typical theme park food. You can even ease your sweet tooth with the sopapilla they sell there. Tacos start at 2 for $11 and prices vary depending on what you want.
Taco Everyday Menu (as of 3/28/19)
- Smoky Brisket Taco with cilantro vegetable slaw, pico & cotija cheese – 2 tacos for $11 or 3 for $14.
- Chilled Krab salad taco with chipotle vegetable slaw and pickled onion – 2 tacos for $11 or 3 for $14
- Flame grilled chicken taco with cilantro vegetable slaw and pickled onion – 2 tacos for $11 or 3 for $14
- Out of this world Benny Taco or Unikitty Cuckoo Taco with cheddar cheese, grilled chicken, & shredded lettuce. – $6 comes with chips.
- Side of Guacamole – $2
- Double Decker “Sofa-Pilla” bites – delicate pastry bites, cinnamon-sugar & buttery honey drizzle – $6
- Coca Cola Bottled Beverages – $3.50
- Dasani Bottled Water – $3
Fun special elements
Throughout the land there are some really fun extras. Knock on a door that says you shouldn’t, help a woman find her cat, or get a selfie with a raptor on a skateboard. This land is made with the curious minds of a child in mind.