Columbus Day Fine Motor Craft
What you will need:
- Large sheet of paper – We used the end roll we bought from our local newspaper.
- Tissue Paper –This is like the kind you put in a present. Pick two colors. Anything more will overwhelm your child.
What to do:
- Draw your ships with a pencil – Make sure to keep it simple. You don’t want a lot of detail unless you are going to do this project over multiple days.
- Trace Lines with glue one at a time. – This makes it easier for your child to place the paper in the right place.
- Have your child roll tissue paper between thumb, pointer, and middle finger – This is your fine motor skill portion of the project. This will also help develop the muscles used in handwriting.
- Outline one boat at a time.
- Cut out three triangles to be the sails of the ship. – You can let them do the little rolls but it won’t be as easy to tell what is what.
- Draw a line of glue on the end of the triangle for the mast – This will help your child to continue working on the rolling of paper.