Easy key lime pie recipe finding can be stressful! In our family Key Lime Pie is a family favorite! Key Lime Pie is the perfect balance of sour and sweet! However, I don’t love buying a key lime pie because they often taste wrong. Either they are too sweet or too sour. I decided it was time to make my own. This is my tweaked easy key lime pie recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Florida Key Lime Pie Recipe
Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite treats. It is the perfect mix of sweet and sour. This authentic Florida key lime pie is the best you’ll find!
One of my favorite treats is key lime pie. I was introduced to it when moving to Miami at 17.
However, I quickly learned that not all key lime pie was created equal. Some were GREEEN?! Some were too sweet. Others had too much of the key lime and were too acidic. I found myself on the quest for the perfect simple key lime pie!
I found a recipe and spent some time modifying it to make a pie I knew I could love. That’s where this easy key lime pie recipe was born. It’s definitely a family favorite and I bring it to many get-togethers.
I was able to find my key lime juice at Publix. I also found it at Wal-Mart. I am in Florida so that could be why it was in stock. You can also buy Key Lime Juice on Amazon. That being said, I used the Key Lime Pie Recipe from the bottle. The bottle is the Nellie & Joe Key Lime Juice. I did tweak a few things to make it the way we enjoy it though.
Key Lime Pie Ingredients
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 14 oz Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Key Lime Juice
- Pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- (optional) Green food coloring ( personal opinion, it’s not a real key lime pie if it’s green.)
- Can of Whip Cream
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
Mix together egg yolks, key lime juice, and condensed milk until smooth – Make sure to use a whisk to get a smoother consistency. You want to make sure that it is smoother so that all items are mixed together well and give you a good quality pie.
- Pour mixture into a pie crust – When you pour your mixture into your pie crust, you will want to smooth it out as much as possible. This will avoid peaks on top of your pie.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. – Your pie may need a different time setting as I’ve learned that different atmospheres cause different cook times to be necessary.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let it set completely.
- After chilled add whipped cream if you like it. (Apparently, there is a huge debate among my friends as to whether this is necessary or not.) Not everyone will add it but some will. I know some like to put a meringue on top. It really is a matter of the flavors you prefer at that point.
- Serve and enjoy. You will want to refrigerate any leftovers to make sure it keeps well. If you take it to go to share with friends or family, make sure to put it in a container that insulated to keep it cold.
Easy Key Lime Pie RecipeCourse: Desserts, RECIPESDifficulty: Easy
3 Egg Yolks
14 oz Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Key Lime Juice
Pre-made graham cracker pie crust
optional Green food coloring ( personal opinion, it’s not a real key lime pie if it’s green.)
Can of Whip Cream
- Mix together egg yolks, key lime juice, and condensed milk until smooth – Make sure to use a whisk to get a smoother consistency.
- Pour Mixture into pie crust
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate.
- After chilled add whipped cream if you like it. (Apparently, there is a huge debate among my friends as to whether this is necessary or not.)
- Serve and enjoy.