Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe you can easily make! Recently I went to a talk by Crystal Paine from Money Saving Mom. One of the money-saving ideas she offered was to view meat as a condiment. With that in mind, I set out to make the most of the chicken I had left from cutting up a whole chicken. I came up with this easy chicken and rice casserole I would highly recommend for a family dinner or as a meal for a new mom.
Cheap Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
What you will need:
- Cooked Shredded Chicken – 1 cup.
- Cooked Red Beans – 1 cup (I made a whole pound in the crock pot and pull out beans when I need them.)
- Cream of Chicken Soup – I am not a big fan of the canned stuff so I had my own in the freezer. I used about 1 cup of cream of chicken soup.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peas
- Goya Sazon Azafran Seasoning (1.40z) – 1 packet
- 1 1/2 cups Rice
- 1/4 Cup italian bread crumbs
What to do:
- Cook your rice – I boiled 4 cups water, added 1 1/2 cups rice, reduced heat, and covered. It takes about 10 minutes or so to cook.
- Combine chicken, beans, peas, cream of chicken soup, and 2 cups water in a pan.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. -You should have a small amount of broth. Don’t drain it.
- Combine rice and chicken mixture in a casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.