D.I.Y. Christmas Cookie Plate
While I was out at the thrift store this week I grabbed a few glass plates for only fifty cents. I decided that they would make great cookie plates for Christmas cookies this year. This Christmas Cookie Plate would be perfect as a gift to go with Christmas cookies for a friend.
What you will need:
- Clear glass plate – I highly recommend visiting the thrift store because I found mine for fifty cents each.
- Wrapping paper – You can pick any design you want for your plate. I chose one that had penguins and another with trees as a background.
- Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge – This is a must if you want to be able to wash and reuse your plate without it being damaged.
- Paint Brush – I prefer foam brushes personally but you can use what you have on hand as well.
- Gold Sharpie – (Optional) This is really optional. If you want to put the family name on your plate you will want this.
- Clean your plate. – Make sure to clean and dry your plate.
- Add any writing to your plate on the back.
- Cover the back of your plate with mod podge.
- Cut out your shapes for your plate.
- Place them face down on the plate.
- Coat the plate with mod podge again. – Make sure to go over the paper portion as well.
- Cut out a large square of your background paper. – I find that having about 3 inches bigger than the plate is best.
- Put the square on the back of the plate. – Make sure to smooth it from the middle out. It may wrinkle a bit. Just fold the wrinkle and keep smoothing.
- Use scissors to cut off excess paper.
- Put on a final coat of mod podge.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
Find some great cookie recipes to put on your plate.