Over the last few months, I’ve been eating in a different way and it has left my family craving some of their old favorites. One thing my husband asked for was my brown sugar shake and bake chicken. This is not a food allergy-friendly recipe. (more of those coming soon!) However, it’s quick, easy, and a family favorite.
A mashed potato bar or a mashtini bar are the perfect option for a large get-together. One of our favorite things to do is a mashed potato bar. There’s just something about getting the chance to mix up some of your favorite flavors into something delicious. I have seen a lot of people recommend doing a mashtini. We don’t do those. I find that wine glasses hold the food better and distribute it more evenly. Let me share four of our favorite recipes.
Mashed Potato Station[Read more…]
Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe you can easily make! Recently I went to a talk by Crystal Paine from Money Saving Mom. One of the money-saving ideas she offered was to view meat as a condiment. With that in mind, I set out to make the most of the chicken I had left from cutting up a whole chicken. I came up with this easy chicken and rice casserole I would highly recommend for a family dinner or as a meal for a new mom.
Cheap Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
What you will need:
- Cooked Shredded Chicken – 1 cup.
- Cooked Red Beans – 1 cup (I made a whole pound in the crock pot and pull out beans when I need them.)
- Cream of Chicken Soup – I am not a big fan of the canned stuff so I had my own in the freezer. I used about 1 cup of cream of chicken soup.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peas
- Goya Sazon Azafran Seasoning (1.40z) – 1 packet
- 1 1/2 cups Rice
- 1/4 Cup italian bread crumbs
What to do:
- Cook your rice – I boiled 4 cups water, added 1 1/2 cups rice, reduced heat, and covered. It takes about 10 minutes or so to cook.
- Combine chicken, beans, peas, cream of chicken soup, and 2 cups water in a pan.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. -You should have a small amount of broth. Don’t drain it.
- Combine rice and chicken mixture in a casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.