As we continue our Crock Pot Monday feature I thought it would be fun to give you 3 things you can do with a whole chicken!
What You Will Need:
- Season your chicken – The seasoning options are endless. For mine I put a simple garlic and salt seasoning.
- Put it in the crock pot breast side down. – Do not add water or fluid. It will cook down it’s own broth.
- Set crock pot for medium/6 hours.
This is what your finished product will look like. WARNING: It is very tender and will fall apart as you pull it out.
What to use it for:
- Save the Broth – Use the broth with some water. Add in vegetables and some of the shredded chicken for a nice chicken soup.
- Chicken & Rice – We like to shred up the chicken breasts for chicken and rice.
- BBQ Chicken – Shred the chicken and add some BBQ sauce for a nice BBQ Chicken Sandwich.