Oatmeal Packet RecipeBoth of my children love oatmeal. However, I don’t love all the additives that they have. I wanted to try something different from store bought packets and give R a chance to work on measurements. I only had her make one type of oatmeal so that she would focus on one set of measurements at a time. Because I had her make enough to last the month you will see a large ingredient list here. I have also put together a great list of additional recipes at the bottom of this post filly with other DIY oatmeal packets!
- 2 pounds Quick Oats – I used the Wal Mart brand that costs 1.84.
- 1 pound dried Cranberries
- 1 bag Brown Sugar
- 1 Container of Cinnamon
- Measuring cups/spoons – 1/2 cup, 1 tablespoon, 1/2 tablespoon, 1/8 tablespoon
- Start by putting all of your ingredients into a bowl. Line them up assembly line style to make it easy for your child.
- Give your child the ingredients list – Ingredients: 1/2 cup of Oatmeal, 1/2 tablespoon of Brown Sugar, 1 tablespoon Cranberries, 1/8 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Have your child match the correct measuring cup or spoon with the item. – For R I had her place each one in the bowl it went with.
- Have your child scoop one of each item into their bag.