In this house we are huge fans of the musical Hamilton. We haven’t seen it but we have listened to the soundtrack countless times. R has developed a huge love for Hamilton and it isn’t rare to find her singing one of the songs from the show. She asked me if I would take the songs and help her to understand the history behind the show. I will be doing that for her in the coming weeks and I am excited to share it with you. I will be starting with the title song and working our way through the history behind each of the songs.
Over the last few weeks in co-op we hahttp://www.morethanacouponqueen.com/2015/03/20-resources-for-teaching-about-boston.htmlve used Liberty’s Kids to study The Boston Tea Party, The Intolerable Acts, The First Continental Congress, and The Green Mountain Boys. This week we are continuing with our series focusing on Second Continental Congress. I have put together a free Second Continental Congress Unit Study printable pack for you to use as you study this section.
What we will do:
- Watch episode 8 of Liberty’s Kids and complete Active Listening Questions.
- Complete the Think Deeper worksheet.
- Complete the Conundrum Word Study page.
- Draw a comic to go with the lesson.
- Active Listening Questions – These will go with the episode of Liberty’s Kids.
- Think Deeper Worksheet – The goal is to take your child deeper into the lesson and think about what happened.
- Conundrum Word Study – The word conundrum is used in the episode and this will give your child a chance to explore the word and use it.
- Comic Template – This will give your child the option to share their understanding of the lesson in a fun way.
What will we do?
- Watch Season 1, episode 7 of Liberty’s Kids. While watching the episode the children will be expected to follow along with their active listening page and answer these questions.
- Draw a comic page to go with the section of the lesson using the template. This will give the children a time to show what they have learned.
- Study Maple Syrup – Maple syrup was important in the Green Mountains. I have included a sheet with a website to spend more time researching maple syrup.
- Active Listening Questions
- Comic Page Template – This will be perfect for showing the way they see the story.
- Maple Syrup study page- Maple syrup was important in the Green Mountains. This will help your child to learn more about maple syrup.