Something exciting has happened here at More Than a Coupon Queen. I have joined The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew! One of the first things I will be sharing with you is a review of the 1 year membership to SchoolhouseTeachers.com. I have to admit I am really excited about this site. Talk about a great idea for computer based homeschool! I wasn’t sure what to expect from it at first. However, ten minutes on SchoolhouseTeachers.com changed my whole perspective.
This is her first attempt. She loved that the lesson what simple to understand. I loved that she was able to the work at her age while still having a great time.
R also worked on studying aperture as part of her photography course. I loved that the lesson opened with scripture that directly related to the lesson. R had a great time using my DSLR camera and getting some pictures for her assignment. I was concerned that at 8 years old she wouldn’t understand aperture but she immediately associated it with the way that our pupils dilate and she was good to go. I highly recommend checking this class out for your kids or for yourself. We are really impressed with it.
Can I print the lesson out?
Many of the lessons I have clicked on offer you the option to print them out and use them in the future. Naturally you will lose some of the video content by going this route but if you are hoping to use the class when you are away from the computer.
What comes with the membership?
Not only do you get access to over 100 courses you also get access to some of the following items:
- Online Access to Back Issues of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine – These magazines are packed with a wealth of information any homeschooling parent would be glad to have.
- EZ Storybooks – These highly interactive storybooks are great for the early reader who wants to click everything and figure out what else things can do.
- Monthly Ebooks – There are pre-selected titles added to your account each month that you can read and enjoy.
- Member only Discounts to select companies – Some of these include curriculums, online games, and much more.
- Dailies – Not only will you find courses set to last for a semester or an entire year, you can also find some great daily resources. Some of these include daily spelling, grammar, and History helps. I highly recommend it.
- Arts Classes – There are many classes that will work with different forms of the arts. Whether you are looking for a piano class, painting class, or photography class there are plenty to be found.
Ease of use will depend on the class you choose. While the format on all classes is very simple to understand some will require certain supplies in order to be successful. Keep this in mind as you look through courses. All of the courses I have looked at are simple to use and require little effort on my part once the class has begun.
You can join SchoolhouseTeachers.com by clicking here. Your first 30 days are free when you register. After that you will pay $12.95 a month. I assure you it is worth it. I doubt you will find such a comprehensive collection of curriculum and resources anywhere else for this price.
It’s on Sale!
Right now you can get 40% off by ordering your monthly membership! That’s only $7.77 a month! (sale runs through 11:59 on 12/25/2014)